As every business or office grows, there comes a time when your document management needs reach a point where you can no longer do business as usual. Whether you have run out of physical space for safe and effective storage or your protected information was lost or misused, these are indicators that your staff simply does not have the hours to effectively handle and protect sensitive information. Outsourcing your document management needs has advantages that benefit every aspect of your operation. If you are considering whether to outsource or not, here are the top 5 reasons to trust a professional with your document management needs:
- Outsourcing Saves Money: We have passion for what we do that drives the heart of our businesses; however, it’s no secret that the lifeblood of the business machine is money. When the economy tightens, the money we can conserve becomes as vital as what we earn. Outsourcing your document management needs saves the expense of maintaining the lease and utilities for a warehouse space with additional payroll hours to compensate staff members to handle, scan and maintain electronic and hard copy files and security to control access to your information. Without this additional personnel, your unsupervised storage space would become a mess of misplaced files and vulnerable data. Outsourcing your document management to an accredited professional gives you access to state-of-the art security, web-based access to your files and gets you the most profitable and efficient use of your work space–all at a fraction of the cost of handling document management in-house.
- Outsourcing Saves Time: When documents are managed in-house, employees in search of information have to stop working to travel to the storage area where they search for what they need, only to repeat the process when they finish with the file. This process leads to lags in employee productivity, and because multiple members of your staff are physically handling original hard copy files, irreplaceable information is vulnerable to damage, misplacement or theft. Having hard copy files professionally scanned protects your data from loss, theft or damage and makes them accessible to your authorized personnel 24 hours a day, no matter where they are working.
- Outsourcing Increases Compliance: Whether you work in health care and encounter Personally Identifiable Health Information (PIH) or you operate a franchise of a major fast food chain, you encounter regulations that govern use and handling of protected information. Entrusting your document management to a professional ensures compliance with the highest industry standards for security and customer service that give you full access to your data while protecting it from misuse.
- Outsourcing Increases Security: Partnering with a records and document management professional gives you a specialist on your team who regularly updates security and property protection systems to keep pace with the changes in technology. Document management service providers have the equipment and capability to safely and affordably scan specialized and off-sized documents, as well as the capability to process volumes of documents while prohibiting unauthorized access. With a professional, your documents are stored in a facility that has been specially-designed for document management in the cases and boxes that will best support their longevity.
- Outsourcing Gives You Customized Service: Choosing a document management service to handle your document storage needs offers options that can be perfectly tailored to your business. Through scanning, digital file management, storage and maintenance of hard copy files and secured shredding services, document management professionals can create your ideal plan.
Corrigan Record Storage is a full-service document management service. We provide comprehensive records management services from hard copy storage, file scanning, digital backup tape media and cloud storage of files for small businesses and large corporations alike. Call 248.344.9185 or 1.800.944.7716 or fill out the form in the sidebar to tour our climate-controlled warehouse and learn more about how affordable the peace of mind, that comes from security, can be.